Saturday, November 4, 2017

I Broke In!

I have been locked out of my blog for over a year -- A YEAR!!

And this morning I finally figured out how to get back in. And, boy, do we have some catching up to do. But don't worry, I won't pen a thousand-word post like in the good old days. I'll keep it short and unfold the past year in stages.

For now, just know all is well. And we're all still here. And there are some new cast members. Maybe we'll start with a few of them.


This is Rubeus, but I call him Ruby. Adam adopted Ruby and promptly realized his little, empty-all-day apartment was not a fitting home for an energetic, lonely, bored pup. So, over to our house he came and I love him. Here, he's guarding the freshly planted tomatoes.


Here, he's reeeeeallllly wishing he could join me in the chicken coop. Know why?


Because, ladies and gentlemen, I HAVE CHICKENS AGAIN! We have seven hens and the king rooster, Stanley, or Stan the Man as I call him. And, we have a tiny bantam rooster named Pedro (if you follow on Instagram, he was known as Pasty Butt for the first several months of his life because he had the most stubborn case of pasty butt I've ever seen.)

Now, because I'm not at the farm on a daily basis, the chickens don't really care for me; well, it isn't that they don't care for me so much as they don't care one whit about me. Like, if I live or die, it doesn't matter much to them. Let's chat for a minute about how much it stinks to l-o-o-o-o-v-e creatures that do not give you the time of day. So, I've taken to bribing them for their affection.


Mealworms. 

Mealworms will be the way to their hearts, I just know it. (I tried watermelon but they were afraid of it. Weirdos.)


For now, I'm going to let them be aloof. They'll come around. And, hey, at least they're putting out.


I promised this wouldn't be an epistle, so we'll stop there for now. But not before I share one more character.


Meet Harry. He's one of three kittens born to his mama, Tansy. He's Karlie's kitten. A fact I wish he'd remember at night, when he chooses to play in my bed with his sister.

As ever, I exertlittle control over the creatures in my world.

Not much has changed.

Love from the farm,
Teri


No comments:

Post a Comment