Right now, though, we're embarking on a Christmas Coma, so I'll share the story next time we meet here. For now, I'll need to decide what to imbibe in/on? Can't think of the right word...the coma has already commenced. Below is the list of choices of food we prepared for Christmas. Mind you there are only 10 people in the house, and 4 of them are under the age of 13:
- 2 hams
- 1 turkey
- 1 pot of green chili
- Couple dozen tamales
- Sausage Queso dip
- Meat & cheese platter (with about 8 cheese varieties)
- 7-layer dip
- Dessert dip (oh, mama...)
- Li'l smokies (no, thank you)
- Chips & salsa
- Chips & dip
- Crackers, crackers, crackers, tortillas, sour cream....
- Ham roll ups
- Dr. Byrd Cake (amazing moist banana bread w/ pineapple)
- Lemon pound cake
- Nut balls (Mexican Wedding Cakes)
- Dipped pretzels
- Beles (Butter, sugar and raspberry preserves - 64 lbs of these 3 ingredients per cookie)
- Pecan sandie-like cookies
- Banana pudding (baked Nilla Wafer variety w/ perfect merengue)
- Peppermint divinity
- Pecan divinity
- Relish tray (hey, don't ever say we're not health conscious)
- Cookie Press Cookies (almond spritzers)
- Spinach artichoke dip
- Guacamole (when the avocados ripen later today)
- 15 cases of soda (I kid you not)
Mom was concerned last night there might not be enough food and was going to make baked beans. We injected her with a strong sedative and laid her out on the couch for a few hours. She understood.
Anyone else going on the HCG Diet at New Years?
Ok, Christmas mystery post next....after the coma.
Merry Christmas from the farm,