Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Sink Full of Suds

I'm not quite sure when I developed this odd little quirk, but I feel the need to confess one of my "Ha ha ha, suckers!" guilty pleasures.

At some point a few years back, I realized all that soap gunk that gooes up the cap on your bottle of Dawn dish soap, and grosses you out every time you see it, is precisely enough to fill your sink with suds.

I was delighted the first time I started filling my sink with hot water and used the hard spray to blast that gunk right off the cap of the Dawn bottle. I felt this little triumphant glee when I had a clean cap AND a sink full of suds.

I felt smug. I felt like I had pulled something off. I feel that way every, single time I come upon a gunky lid and "get" to be the one to fill a sink with it.

I am a complete and total dork.

And, I invite you to be a dork, too. Seriously, go check under your sink and experience the thrill for yourself. Then, know you are one step closer to earning your thrifty & frugal wings.

Next week, repurposing your dryer lint. Oh, you get it all when you stop by here.

Love from the farm,
Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment