Thursday, September 20, 2012

Awww Shucks, I Have To Shop

My relatively young chicken wellies have bitten the dust. I bought them from the scratch and dent gardening supply house at a slashed price last season because the printing wasn't flawless, and I thought I could live with that. (There were a few unnaturally elongated chickens along the bottom of the boots. It didn't bug me much. I didn't notice it every time I put them on. Really. It was fine.)

Apparently, the rubber wasn't as quality as a typical wellie, either, because the darn things sprung a big leak right on top of my right foot last month.

Awww, darn it.

I guess that means I have to get BRAND NEW ONES!!!

I'm the queen of wear-it-out, but I have to say I'm tickled pink that I have to find new boots. I mean, I HAVE to; I can't go sloshing around the muck in flippers all winter, now can I?

Hmmm, tickled pink.

Pink.

Pink?



Or maybe orange, being that it's so on-trend?



I could go with pretty flowers for my pretty (theoretical) garden...

This is a nice green, though, and says I am all business...I not only have a green thumb but green toes, too.


This green is OK, too, but I'm not loving it.
 

But, there's something about these that I love. What is it? I can't put my finger on it, but I love them. Is it a little touch of Dr. Seuss in my garden? Is that it?
 

And these...well, what can we say about these?

 
 
We can say that I am fairly certain they will never plant their fancy bootys on my soil, fetching though they may be, that's what we can say.
 
 
And still I keep coming back around to these...Seriously. I'm finding the pink irresistable. 
 
 
 

What do you think?  Pink? Stripes? Orange? I hate decisions.

Quick, I gotta get some fellers ordered. The rainy season is just around the corner.

Thank heavens for faulty workmanship. ;)

Love from the farm,
Teri

1 comment:

  1. The Dr.Seuss stripes get my vote. Still not nearly as cute as the chicken ones though.

    ReplyDelete