Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Raspberry Sauce

This is where I pretend for a moment that I'm a food blogger...and then I look at my photos and lack of Photoshop color touch up and realize, no, I'm just sharing a yummy recipe. 

I will stand by my first photo, though. It's just pretty. There's no getting around it. 

Raspberries were on sale the other day at the supermarket, so I bought 11, 6 oz packages, took them home and put them in the fridge. I took them out 2 days later, and was able to find a little over 2 cups worth that hadn't already begun to mold. 

Still, the ones that were left were beautiful.



Macy and I considered putting some directly in the pancake batter she was making, then decided to save all of them for a raspberry sauce, instead. 

So, I went looking for a recipe, adapted one and here we go:

Put 2 cups of fresh berries, 1/3 c sugar and 1 3/4 c water in a saucepan. Stir and bring to a boil.




Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.



Mash the berries in the pan (I used an old-fashioned potato masher) then pour berries and liquid through a fine mesh sieve over a 2 c liquid measuring cup. Mash the berries against the sieve to remove the seeds and press some of the pulp through the sieve.

If there isn't a full 2 cups of liquid, add water to bring up to the 2 c line. Return to pan and return to a boil. Add 1 - 2 T. water to 1.5 T corn starch in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Stir corn starch mixture into the boiling liquid. Reduce heat and stir rapidly until thickened.


Serve with pancakes...or over waffles...or biscuits...or scones...or cheesecake...or just grab a spoon.





 We had breakfast for dinner. Yum.

Enjoy!

Love from the farm,
Teri


No comments:

Post a Comment