Friday, April 22, 2011

Loving Words In the Garden

Mike was commenting to me that some of the recently planted onions were looking good - specifically (he pointed out, I did not) the little patches that I had planted. He was worried that the onions he and Adam had planted weren't looking so hot.

I was basking in the warm glow of his praise, then superciliously said, with eyelashes fluttering, "Well, perhaps if you had been praying over your onions as you were planting them back there (behind me and Adam), like I was...."

"Oh, I was praying, all right," he immediately answered.

"Oh, you were?" I asked, eyebrow arched.

"Yeah, I was praying you guys would quit mooning me," he replied.

I had no words.

I simply turned and walked away.

And resisted scratching my itching, peeling, low, lower, lower back that I had so trustingly exposed to him during our time together in the garden.

Good thing he's a good kisser.

Love from the farm,
Teri

1 comment: