Sunday, March 6, 2011

We've Got Some New Voodoo Around Here

I'm not saying we're about to embark on some weird, hippie-dippie adventure around here or anything, I'm just saying that my shopping list yesterday had things on it like this:

  • Xylitol

  • Amaranth

  • Spirulina

  • Senna leaf powder

  • Apple pectin

  • Green clay powder

  • Psyllium husk

  • Marshmallow root

  • Skullcap

  • Wormwood

  • Walnut hull

  • Mullein leaves

  • White oat bark

  • Wheatgrass

  • Feverfew

  • ...and more
I couldn't pick these exotic little packages up at Safeway or Bashas'; no, I had to go to the quaint little Sunshine Herbs cottage in Show Low to collect these unusual new members of our household.

Why, you ask, did I stop at this paltry list? Why not pick up eye of newt and cobweb strands while I was at it?

Because, in spite of it sounding like I've got a cauldron bubbling back at the farm, what we've actually got brewing are plans to undertake a major lifestyle change.

One that involves my stopping drinking Pepsi.

I'm scared.

Yet resolute.

And scared.

But really, really resolute.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Wish me luck.

Love from the farm,
Teri

(P.S. I realize that for the mildly health conscious person, these are not exotic items at all. I know this and am ashamed. Because it points to just how far outside the "natural" health world I've lived. Ah, well. There you have it. Now, I need to go water some moss.)

No comments:

Post a Comment