Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Windy Here (Email Classics)

Written April 25, 2009

I'm not saying being outside today is a bad idea, I'm just saying that the cardboard box on our front porch? It was impaled by a branch that came flying this morning, and 3 inches of that branch were sticking through to the inside of the box.

Now, I'm a sport, you all know that. But I'm figuring today I will NOT do two of the three things I had planned for the day. You guess which two I've crossed off my list:

1) Burn weeds from the house to the barn
2) Spread dry, flaky manure over the garden and new garden expansion area
3) Dishes

I was excited about the weed burning - my neighbor demonstrated how to use the torch yesterday and I was rarin' to go. Mike was a little nervous about my excitement level. He probably prayed for the wind to make sure I'd behave while he's at work today.

Spoil sport.

Guess I better put on my lavender gloves and get going on the dang dishes. I hate when I don't get to play outside with propane-fueled toys. And poop.

Love from the farm,
Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment